Saturday, February 2, 2019

College English - A Holistic Dialogue with Myself Essay example -- Tea

College English - A Holistic Dialogue with Myself The air was crisp and filled with the promise of snow. My front day of my first semester, I ran hurriedly upon the main thoroughfares of University Park, campus short cuts and walkways were to date unknown. Stopping occasionally, I took a knee, pulled out my highlighted map, and felt compelled to take an azimuth. lead by the nose fell around me my water tube dripped slowly my muskrat wear caught the flakes inwardly the fine bristles of the visor. Aviation glasses plastered to my face and incumbrance pockets bulging with my keys, student schedule, rolled up map, and glasses case, I stood up quickly and ran for class. Electrical Engineering Building West (EE West), I remained nonplus at what correlation possibly existed between electrical engineering and honors English. I entered the musty halls, hurried passed the classroom three times before realizing that the deep windows were in fact doors, and entered five minutes late. Ac customed to arriving ten minutes prior to any professional engagement, I began the process of divesting myself of my gear, removing the appropriate leaflet and notebook (neatly labeled and prepared). When I realized my pathetic Lilliputian desk could, in no way, accommodate it all, I was distressed. Coat, hat, gloves, pack (lovingly referred to in its previous personification as the mini-Shirpa, a reference to the bulging packs of Tibetan mountain climbers), I had no room. As I was quickly going to discover, you never take a leak enough room in English. To write something more than merely formulaic, ideas, impressions, thoughts pelt you. Quickly, your paper becomes like my pack, bulging with stuff. True to my Be Prepared motto, I find it difficult to discriminate between all the ten... ...n my research essay, I explored my own memories as a child struggling with a scholarship disability in Park Forest. Writing in philosophy and political science, I incorporated, engaged with, and splutterd to realize what makes us gentlemans gentleman, all too human (Nietzsche 492). When I leave EE West 101 for the final time, my burden pockets will bulge with my keys and glasses case my pack will see heavily upon my shoulders and I will remain a rough lottery of the Man in the Muskrat Hat. If nothing else, ENGL 030 has reinforced the joy, the necessity, the vitality of learning. I have experienced the military, will experience college, and will still struggle to find my own voice. However as in many things, it is within the struggle that we find the greatest value.The Tao that can be told is not the sempiternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment